There is no replacement for being prepared to do your very best on test day than by taking a test prep course. You get content, practice and that necessary feeling of confidence to pass and get the certification you desire. The CPD offers a number of test prep courses but if what you need isn’t here, please contact us at 716-888-8494. We are always exploring new opportunities to help professionals excel.
SHRM SCP-CP 2019 dates!
A 10-WEEK TEST PREP COURSE THAT YOU CAN’T DO WITHOUT!
SPRING 2019: February 25, 2019 to May 13, 2019
All dates have taken holiday Mondays and spring recess into account.
- February 25th
- March 4th
- March 11th
- March 25th
- April 1st
- April 8th
- April 15th
- April 29th
- May 6th
- May 13th
FALL 2019: September 16th to November 25th
All dates have taken holiday Mondays into account. The class will be finished prior to Thanksgiving.
- September 16th
- September 23rd
- September 30th
- October 3rd
- October 4th
- October 28th
- November 4th
- November 11th
- November 18th
- November 25th
To register, please be aware that there are two options and two distinct fees:
- in-person at Room 0063, Science Hall, Canisius College, 2001 Main Street (you are also entitled to participate via live-remote) $1,595; OR
- via live remote only, $1095.
Your fee includes:
- 18-month license to the SHRM Learning System AND your textbook ($985 value); and,
- 10-weeks of in-person or live remote instruction (depending on which option you choose).
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION
Register and pay by December 31, 2018 and pay only $1,495 or $995.
Register and pay after February 13, 2019 and pay a $50 expedited shipping charge in order to receive your SHRM materials.
Your SHRM instructors are very seasoned HR professionals. You will receive advance and explicit details and instructions on preparing for the course in order to make the most out of it.
The CPD encourages learners to confirm that they are eligible to write the SHRM before registering. For more information on your eligibility and the SHRM designation process, click here.
LEARN WHAT SHRM PROFESSIONALS HAVE TO SAY…
Hear about the value of the SHRM certification to your employer (video): Click here.
Need a road map to chart your direction as an HR professional (video)? Click here.
EARN THE NEW STANDARD IN HR CERTIFICATION.
This is an exciting and pivotal time in the HR profession. Now, more than ever, HR teams are required to assume a greater leadership role, contributing to the strategic direction of their organization. The HR profession is no longer just about what you know–but how you do your job.
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CPSM) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCPSM). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development. They reflect what HR practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organizations and in the profession.
Ensure you’re prepared with Canisius Center for Professional Development‘s test prep program, designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success. This intensive 12-week program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the exam.
HR Management: Foundations with SHRM Essentials 2019 dates!
The CPD recognizes that professional development never stops no matter where you are in your career or life. That is why we offer the CPD Certificate in HR Management: Foundations with SHRM Essentials.
This certification is ideal for:
- working HR professionals who are just starting out or are early in the HR career;
- managers and professionals with HR responsibilities;
- professionals considering a move to the HR field and seeking an certification that gives them the foundation upon which to start their new career; and,
- small business owners.
The program covers six key HR topics and provides tools you can immediately put to use in your organization:
- Human Resources: Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Talent Acquisition: Develop important skills for attracting and selecting employees.
- Total Rewards: Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Learning and Development: Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
- Performance Management: Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
- Employment Law: Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
Taught by seasoned HR professionals, the CPD offers this certificate on two consecutive Saturdays. In two-days, you can have this valuable certification and accelerate your existing career or your new one!
- Saturday, March 2nd
- Saturday March 9th
- Saturday, October 26th
- Saturday, November 2nd
Your fee includes:
- 16-hours of in-person or live remote instruction; and,
- your SHRM textbook ($460 value).
Online registration and payment opens Monday, October 15th.
Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Kaplan Financial Education’s CFP certification education and exam prep program is built and taught by working professionals for working professionals. From the time-tested accelerated education program to self-study online courses, Kaplan offers flexible and convenient learning options that allow mastery of the 7 major domains covered on the CFP exam. Kaplan also offers CFP exam prep review solutions to help students who have completed the required education stay focused, zero in on critical content for the exam, and learn valuable test-taking tips and strategies.
With the EssentialPlus Package you can:
Purchase one course at a time. Choose when to start studying.
- Take up to 90 days to complete each course. Your Online Access begins as soon as you make your purchase.
- Take advantage of online testing; no need to go to an outside testing facility.
No need to adhere to a live class schedule—with our OnDemand Class, you can start, stop, and rewind your class as often as you like. Get expert instruction…and still have the freedom to complete all 7 courses within your own time-frame.
- OnDemand Class
eBooks with course purchase (upgrade to Print or both for a $40 fee)
- Course 101-106: eBook with supplemental reading
- Course 107: materials provided in online classroom ONLY
Online Tools available:
- Education QBank
- Study Planner
- Performance Tracker
- Core Lecture Videos
- Instructor Email Access
- Course 107 students receive invitation to Now What? webinar
There are 7 courses within the program. You are responsible for contacting your program administer prior to each course. Online assets will be assigned upon enrollment of each course.
Prior to registration please complete the following application:
Register today to be ready for your certified financial planner exam:
Actuarial Financial Mathematics
To become credentialed by the Society of Actuaries (SOA), there are a number of requirements. Please visit the SOA website for information about those requirements: https://www.soa.org/Education/Exam-Req/edu-asa-req.aspx
In anticipation of taking the SOA Financial Mathematics Exam, individuals should consult the current version of the SOA syllabus for more detailed information about the exam: https://www.soa.org/Files/Edu/2018/06-exam-fm-syllabus.pdf
In order to prepare you to write the SOA Financial Mathematics Exam, the CPD offers a 15-module, online preparation course in Financial Mathematics.
Module 1: Time Value of Money
- Interest rates, discount rates, present value, future value, nominal rates, effective rates, real rates.
Module 2: Annuities I
- Level annuity immediate, annuity due, perpetuity.
Module 3: Annuities II
- Non-level annuity immediate, annuity due, perpetuity.
Module 4: Loans I
- Amortization method
Module 5: Loans II
- Outstanding loan balance, principal/interest breakdown, sinking funds.
Module 6: Bonds I
- Price, redemption value, par value, yield rate, coupon rate, term.
Module 7: Bonds II
- Book value, amortization of premium, callable bonds.
Module 8: Yield Rates
- Dollar-weighted and time-weighted rates of return, spot rates, forward rates.
Module 9: Duration and Convexity
- Duration and convexity for a set of cash flows (both Macaulay and modified), first order approximations based on duration.
Module 10: Asset Matching
- Exact asset matching with liability cash flows, duration matching.
Module 11: Immunization
- Partial and full immunization.
Module 12: Interest Rate Swaps I
- Introduction to swap rates and market value of a swap, swap net payments.
Module 13: Interest Rate Swaps II
- Deferred swaps, amortizing swaps, accreting swaps.
Module 14: Components of Interest Rates
- Real risk-free rate, inflation rate, default rate; real versus nominal interest rates; inflation protection.
Module 15: Factors Affecting Interest Rates
- Federal Reserve, Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), Federal Funds rate, term structure of interest rates (liquidity, preferred habitat, market segmentation), foreign interest rates.
Students taking this online test preparation course will benefit also from an extensive list of sample problems. These will be referred to by Dr. Lopez at several points in the modules. The questions and solutions are available through the following links:
Students taking this online test preparation course will require a computer on which to watch the video and a financial calculator (ideally BA II Plus) which Dr. Lopez will reference when calculating specific solutions.
Course Duration and Cost
You will have online access to all 15 modules for one year from the date of registration. The total cost for this Actuarial Financial Mathematics Test Preparation Course is $450.