TRAINING: AFFORDABLY CUSTOMIZED
The CPD works with many clients who understand the impact and importance of developing their employees. To this end, we offer training that’s already developed (standard) but more frequently, we take a standard training program and customize it precisely to suit our clients’ needs.
They tell us that what makes our programs stand out, is that we are highly engaging and incorporate real-world examples pertinent to their industry and functions.
This is essential if transformation is to occur…and transformation is one of our core principles at the CPD.
Our transformational training commitment to you is:
- to create an energy and dynamism about the subject at hand (to make it interesting);
- to shift a paradigm or two…or three about how your employees view what they do; and,
- to ensure that employees can apply what they’ve learnt immediately on the job.
The “nuts and bolts” of our training services include all or a combination of the following:
- developing your training program from “scratch” or taking our standard modules and customizing them to suit your industry and functions;
- designing the training materials;
- delivering the training;
- digitizing learner and trainer materials; and,
- training your staff to deliver future training (our train-the-trainer philosophy).
Customized training is more affordable than you think.
To be transformed, contact Jennifer Patrick, CPD Executive Director at 716-888-8494 or email [email protected]
Young Professionals: Certificate I
There is no replacement for a strong start and the CPD’s Young Professionals Certificate will give you just that.
Workplaces can be complicated environments and finding your “best fit” along with some must-have skills can give you an edge.
Topics included in this essential development program are:
- Generations at Work
- Leading with Purpose
- Influencing without Authority
- Your Personal Brand
- Basic Business Writing
- Financial must-have skills
- Public Speaking
Young Professionals: Certificate I is offered in a variety of formats and can also be customized, to suit the particular challenges and needs of your unique workplace and industry.
Change Management: Lead AND Succeed
70% of change projects fail.
That is a startling, and unfortunately, all too real statistic.
One of the critical skills for the twenty-first century leader-manager is to make change happen: sometimes by design and sometimes by accident! Regardless of what motivates the change, you do NOT want to be part of the 70%.
Change Management: Lead AND Succeed is intended to help you avoid those less-than-stellar results and make certain that the goals of your change project are realized and stick.
When you have completed this training program you:
- will understand and have hands-on insight into how change management really works (the moving parts);
- will understand how to navigate your organization’s culture;
- will know how to mobilize your teams and identify the different types of influence;
- will understand the critical communications tactics for your change project; and,
- you will leave with a myriad of best practices, tools and resources that you can immediately use for your organization’s change project.
To be part of the 30%, contact CPD Executive Director, at 716-888-8494 or [email protected] .
Respect in the Workplace
There is no better time than now to give your employees a “refresh” on respect and sensitivity in the workplace.
This program is geared to cover the spectrum of sometimes disrespectful practices that creep into our workplaces, from the unintentional to the intentional. Using video examples and group feedback, your employees will have the opportunity to examine how their conduct and mindset can sometimes negatively affect those around them.
Topics included in this important program are:
- unintentional offences
- workplace issues
- stereotyping and objectification
- giving respect-getting respect
- workplace language and dress
- generations in the workplace
- ethnic and cultural differences
- persons with disabilities (colleagues and customers)
The Program is offered in a variety of formats and durations from one-hour lunch ‘n learns to a four-hour class.
Employers can also customize some of the topics to suit their particular challenges and industries.
Respect in the Workplace: Manager Solutions
Toggle Content goes here
As part of the Be-A-Better-Manager Series, the Performance Management Training Program includes practical information and practices related to the spectrum of manager performance management functions. Coaching, having difficult conversations and performance improvement plans are just a few of the topics covered. Managers leave with their own “What am I now going to do differently? Plan and increased confidence on how to manage their teams.
Be-A-Better-Manager Series Intro:
The series is geared to hands-on, practical and real-life learning for managers at any level. The series can be experienced in its entirety or through individual training modules which include:
- Performance Management
- Performance Reviews
- Employee Communications & Engagement
- Coaching, Mentorship & Peer Leadership
- Feedback & Difficult Conversations
- Team Management Best Practices
- Diversity, Inclusion & Generations in the Workplace
Each program can be delivered conveniently at your place of employment. All participating managers leave the training with our “What can I now do differently” Plan, which supports them in applying their new-found knowledge and skills. They leave with this plan and a renewed sense of confidence.
Professional Communications + Time Management
You can’t talk about business communications and not talk about time: The two are inextricably linked.
In today’s workplace with cross-functional teams, a myriad of communications channels and multiple generations, figuring out HOW to communicate, to WHOM and WHEN can be a bit of a minefield.
The CPD potently addresses this in its Communications-Time Management: Certificate I Program.
Among other things, participants will learn:
- how to discern what communications channel is best for what issue relative to their industry and function;
- how to frame communicating using the PART Model;
- how to identify bias in their communications;
- social media and cell phone etiquette;
- the communications continuum;
- managing information and especially how to avoid “email jail”;
- the essential ingredients to professional business communications; and,
- “rock star” time management disciplines that can make the difference between reacting to circumstances and getting ahead of the curve.
In addition to these, managers can specifically expect to learn:
- job function confusion and the communications conundrum; and,
- precisely how to set communications expectations for their team. They will leave with a framework that they can immediately apply on-the-job.
Think about the following:
- the average employee spends 4.1 hours daily checking email;
- According to a McKinsey report, employees spend 1.8 hours every day—9.3 hours per week, on average—searching and gathering information. Put another way, businesses hire 5 employees but only 4 show up to work; the fifth is off searching for answers, but not contributing any value.” Source: Time Searching for Information.
- 19.8 per cent of business time – the equivalent of one day per working week – is wasted by employees searching for information to do their job effectively,” according to Interact. Source: A Fifth of Business Time is Wasted Searching for Information, says Interact
- IDC data shows that “the knowledge worker spends about 2.5 hours per day, or roughly 30% of the workday, searching for information….60% [of company executives] felt that time constraints and lack of understanding of how to find information were preventing their employees from finding the information they needed.” Source: Information: The Lifeblood of the Enterprise;
- and, that the cost of misunderstanding can be as much as $500 per employee per year and over $600 for companies with 10,000 employees or more. (https://www.cottrillresearch.com/various-survey-statistics-workers-spend-too-much-time-searching-for-information/)
Your company’s communications culture may just be undermining your own ROI.
Call the CPD for more information about this vital training opportunity as well as our Communications Audit Services. 716-888-8494
Project Management Lunch ’n Learns
Project Managers are busy people who often don’t have the time to formalize their learning but are still very eager to know how to lead their firm’s projects and teams more effectively.
In response to this, the CPD offers Project Management Lunch ‘n Learns. These are efficient and robust learning seminars where a certified Project Management expert comes into your workplace and conducts one, or a series of, lunch ‘n learns. Your employees leave with the disciplines and leading edge best practices so that your projects can be completed within 10% of the time AND cost.
Topics included in this easy-to-access program are:
- planning project work;
- developing project schedules, cost estimates and budgets;
- executing project work;
- closing projects; and,
- navigating team dynamics.
Learning has never been easier.
How to Go from Doer to Manager
Did you know that 30% to 50% of first-time managers fail in their new job? Clearly, going from a ‘doer’ role to a manager role is a challenge. Unfortunately, being a successful programmer, salesperson, engineer, or other professional does not guarantee success in management.
Why do so many fail? Oftentimes, it’s simply due to lack of training. Technical, operational and functional skills are significantly different than the skills required to successfully manage people. When you’re in charge, you’re not just following directions; you’re giving them. And you’re not only responsible for accurate and timely delivery of your projects; you have to help others keep their projects on track.
If you’ve recently been appointed to a new role as a manager, or are about to be promoted, this course will teach you how to make the transition as successfully and seamlessly as possible. You’ll learn how to avoid many common problems that can sabotage new managers, as well as what it takes to get your team up and running as quickly as possible. You’ll walk away from this course with a clear pathway toward better results – and management success.
In this course, you’ll learn to:
- Acquire the right mindset so you can become a great leader, not just a boss.
- Manage and motivate your team members so you can get the most from each one.
- Increase your visibility among company stakeholders and earn the respect you deserve.
- Start producing better results almost immediately.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Staff members who are about to be promoted to management; first-time managers; and managers who want to make a faster transition into their management jobs.
- Why managing requires a new perspective and a new approach
- How to avoid the pitfalls of becoming a new manager
- The mindsets, skills and behaviors of effective managers
- How to focus for job results
- Communications skills that build employee commitment
- Learning how to delegate
- How to deal with performance problems
- Developing the right temperament to be an effective manager
Taking the Leap from Manager to Leader
Deloitte Research shows clearly that leadership is the #1 talent issue facing all organizations. 86% of respondents, in the research study, rate it as urgent or important. This seminar will help managers to stretch their capabilities beyond their current skill set.
You will learn the leadership mindsets, skills and behaviors to propel you from a manager role to a leadership role in your organization. These concepts will enable you to achieve the mark of an exceptional leader – breakthroughs in people and results!
Your seminar leader, Frank Swiatek, has conducted over 3450 presentations throughout the United States and Canada, and has worked for over 25 Fortune 500 companies. He has observed, taught and coached leaders at every level in organizations.
- An exercise to demonstrate the difference between managers and leaders
- Leaders develop a leadership culture
- The 1st foundation of leadership – Trust
- The 2nd foundation of leadership – Accountability
- The 3rd foundation of leadership – Commitment
- Leaders challenge the status quo
- Leaders identify breakthrough opportunities
- Leaders have a turnaround mindset, lead people and drive results
- Leaders project optimism and rise above challenging circumstances
- Leaders motivate and inspire with messages and behaviors
For twenty years, Performance Coach Greg Liberto has worked with professional athletes to Fortune 5 CEOs on becoming world-class performers in business…and life! His workshops “get to the heart” on how to harness your energy, talent and emotion to be your best self since there is no replacement for you or your personal brand. Provided on an individual or group basis, workshops are two hours in duration and held at Canisius College, Science Hall, Room 035 (lower level).
Take advantage of being a better you through any one of Greg’s eight engaging workshops by contacting Greg Liberto at: [email protected] or 716-830-0808.
- Price: $350 per workshop.
- Location: Canisius College, Science Hall, Room 035 (lower level)
- Time: Two offerings on day of workship at 11:00am – 1:00pm and 7:00pm – 9:00pm.
Strategic Thinking for Improved Focus and Decision Making
April 24, 2018
Improve your daily performance and enhance your decision-making skills. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- gain clarity and focus with a personal strategy;
- improve your daily productivity with one simple action item; and,
- reduce negative thinking to make better decisions.
This workshop shows you how to identify your personal strategy along with one very simple action item to improve your daily performance. You will be amazed how a winning mindset and one simple activity will transform your motivation, discipline and consistency, as well as your overall performance!
Each participant will leave the workshop with a laminated copy of their Strategy and Daily Commitment. These laminated tools are designed to be used repeatedly so they last a lifetime.
Setting and Achieving Your Goals
May 22, 2018
Learn how to set specific goals that inspire your growth and improve your efficiency. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- identify three 90-day goals and one 12-month goal;
- create a personal Action Plan to get started and stick with it; and,
- identify the specific rewards once you achieve your goals.
Research shows that people who write down their goals are 50% more likely to achieve them. This workshop shows you how to set goals that are realistic and inspiring to you AND create a system to reach them. You will leave with an Action Plan that has you motivated to start and move forward with ease.
Each participant will leave with a laminated copy of their Action Plan. This laminated performance tool is designed to last a lifetime and be used repeatedly once each new goal is achieved.
The Confident Communicator
June 19, 2018
Increase your confidence by improving your personal communication practices. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- eliminate your negative communication patterns;
- improve your problem-solving skills by learning how to ask better questions; and
- harness that power of words so they reflect your new-found confidence.
This workshop shows you how to eliminate communication patterns and words that negatively impact you and your brand. You also learn how one very powerful questioning technique can make the daily interactions in your life easier and more enjoyable. The Confident Communicator will have an immediate positive impact on you and those around you.
Each participant will leave with a laminated copy of their Primary Question and Confident Communicator Checklist. These laminated tools are designed to be used repeatedly so they last a lifetime.
Use Your Emotional Energy to Your Competitive Advantage
July 24, 2018
Improve how you use your emotional energy to improve your daily performance. In this workshop, you learn how to:
- identify and eliminate your top three emotional roadblocks;
- identify your Optimal Performance State (OPS); and,
- use your emotions to your competitive advantage.
Since 95% of your daily actions are driven by your emotions, understanding how that impacts every aspect of your life is key to performing optimally. This workshop shows you how to identify your emotional roadblocks and the strategies to eliminate them. Your Optimal Performance State and how you want to feel every single day will underscore this learning experience.
Each participant will leave with a laminated copy of their Emotional Roadblock and Optimal Performance State documents. These laminated performance tools are designed to be used repeatedly and last a lifetime.
Present Like a Pro
August 21, 2018
Improve how you present with greater confidence so that every presentation is your very best. In this workshop, you learn how to:
- feel calm and prepared for any presentation and question;
- have a strategy that has you focused on being your best for any audience; and,
- be more confident and poised, no matter the presentation.
Becoming the best presenter you can be requires a strategy, knowledge and tools. In this workshop you learn how to be more calm, confident and focused, regardless of the audience, so that you are your very best self in front of any audience. If you have a fear of public speaking, Present Like a Pro is a very safe environment for you to learn specific methods that help overcome your fear and anxiety.
Each participant will leave with a laminated copy of the 100% READY Checklist that ensures you are presentation-ready. This laminated performance tool is designed to be used repeatedly so it lasts a lifetime.
Building a World-Class Team
September 18, 2018
Learn how to continuously enhance and empower the quality of your team. In this workshop, you learn how to:
- enhance the chemistry of your team;
- elevate your team’s performance on a daily basis; and,
- facilitate how your team can have fun AND be more productive.
This workshop has you participating in a group activity where your team creates the plan for a new business offering, free business consulting or personal development coaching for business professionals. You learn how to engage your team members to communicate more effectively so that everyone works more cohesively.
Each participant will leave with a laminated copy of the Team-Building Checklist that you can apply to your career or business. This laminated performance tool is designed to be used repeatedly so it lasts a lifetime.
Creating Your Custom Vision Board
October 23, 2018
Learn how to create a vision board that has you focused on what matters most to you and your goals. In this workshop, you learn how to:
- identify what matters most in your life;
- get visually connected with what you desire; and,
- create your customized vision board.
In this workshop you learn how to create a custom vision board that has you focused on achieving your goals for more success in any area of your life. You learn how this proven visualization technique stimulates your subconscious mind and how it is one of the most powerful tools you possess.
Each participant will leave with a customized 2’ x 3’ Vision Board to be used in your home or office.
Creating Your 2019 Roadmap for Success
November 13, 2018
December 11, 2018
Make 2019 the best year of your life! In this workshop, you learn how to:
- identify your 2019 strategy;
- create your customized action plan; and
- learn how to mobilize the best of you so that 2019 is the best year of your life.
Nothing changes without a strategy and an action plan. What you want to achieve in 2019 is no exception to this. In this workshop you learn how to create a winning mindset for the entire year by using a customized action plan to stay focused and on track every single day. This powerful learning experience will have you focused and fulfilled in 2019.
Each participant will leave with a laminated Strategy Map and a Custom Roadmap for Success. These laminated performance tools are designed to be used repeatedly and last a lifetime.