There is no replacement for being prepared to do your very best on test day than by taking a test prep course. You get content, practice and that necessary feeling of confidence to pass and get the certification you desire. The CPD offers a number of test prep courses but if what you need isn’t here, please contact us at 716-888-8494. We are always exploring new opportunities to help professionals excel.
2020 SHRM SCP-CP TEST PREP DATES!
VIA LIVE REMOTE OR IN-PERSON!
SPRING 2020: February 24th to May 18th
All dates have taken holiday Mondays into account. Classes start at 5:30 and end at 8:30.
To register, please be aware that there are two options and two distinct fees:
- in-person at Room 0063, Science Hall, Canisius College, 2001 Main Street (you are also entitled to participate via live-remote) $1,795; OR
- via live remote only, $1,395.
Your fee includes:
- 18-month license to the SHRM Learning System (LMS);
- your textbook (and LMS are a $995 value);
- 12-weeks of in-person or live remote instruction (depending on which option you choose); and
- access to recordings of the lecture for additional studying and “refreshment”.
Please note that live-remote means that you will login and see a live instructor facilitate the class along with the teaching PowerPoint. You can ask questions via a chat feature or by simply speaking through the audio function of your laptop or desktop computer.
Your SHRM instructors are very seasoned HR professionals. You will receive advance and explicit details and instructions on preparing for the course in order to make the most of it.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER, CALL 716-888-8490 OR EMAIL [email protected]
HERE ARE THE FALL 2020 DATES, IN CASE YOU NEED TO PLAN AHEAD.
The CPD encourages learners to confirm that they are eligible to write the SHRM before registering. For more information on your eligibility and the SHRM designation process, click here.
LEARN WHAT SHRM PROFESSIONALS HAVE TO SAY…
Hear about the value of the SHRM certification to your employer (video): Click here.
Need a road map to chart your direction as an HR professional (video)? Click here.
EARN THE NEW STANDARD IN HR CERTIFICATION.
This is an exciting and pivotal time in the HR profession. Now, more than ever, HR teams are required to assume a greater leadership role, contributing to the strategic direction of their organization. The HR profession is no longer just about what you know–but how you do your job.
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CPSM) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCPSM). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development. They reflect what HR practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organizations and in the profession.
Ensure you’re prepared with Canisius Center for Professional Development‘s test prep program, designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success. This intensive 12-week program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the exam.
CFP Educational Requirement
The Finance Program in the Canisius College Wehle School of Business has an outstanding reputation. Our program ranks in the top 5% and in recent years our Finance Team has placed first or second in the international Finance Challenge.
Coming to Canisius to acquire your CFP is a wise choice.
As a Kaplan Partner, the CPD offers 7 courses online/on-demand through the EssentialPlus Program: The 7 courses, once successfully completed, help to meet the educational requirement of the CFP, as set out by the CFP Board. The Board, one you complete EssentialsPlus, approves your eligibility to register to write the CFP exam.
EssentialsPlus 7 courses are:
- Course 101: General financial planning principles, professional conduct and regulation
- Course 102: Risk management, insurance and employee benefits planning
- Course 103: Investment planning
- Course 104: Tax planning
- Course 105: Retirement savings and income planning
- Course 106: Estate planning
- Course 107: Financial plan development (Capstone Course)
You can purchase one, all or a combination of any of the 7 courses.
- Take up to 90 days to complete each course.
- Once you make your purchase, you have access to the online Kaplan Learning Management System which gives you:
- Education QBank
- Study Planner
- Performance Tracker
- Core Lecture Videos
- Instructor Email Access
- Course 107 students receive invitation to Now What? webinar
- Course 101 to 106: receive an eBook with supplement reading (add the print book for an additional $60)
- Course 107: materials are provided in the online classroom only (no books for this course only)
- Take advantage of online testing; no need to go to an outside testing facility.
The OnDemand Class means you can start, stop, and rewind your class as often as you like. Videos, quizzes and all learning materials are available online. Get expert instruction…and still have the freedom to complete all 7 courses within your own time-frame.
IF YOU ARE A CHALLENGE CANDIDATE, THERE ARE TWO COURSE OPTIONS THAT THE CPD OFFERS: THE CAPSTONE COURSE (COURSE 107) AND A DISCOUNT TOWARD THE KAPLAN PREP REVIEW COURSE ADMINISTERED DIRECTLY BY KAPLAN. CONTACT THE CPD FOR MORE INFORMATION AND THE DISCOUNT CODE FOR THIS KAPLAN COURSE.
Buy one course and pay $799.00. PLEASE CONTACT JENNIFER PATRICK AT CANISIUS COLLEGE TO ENQUIRE ABOUT MULTIPLE COURSE SELECTIONS, PRICING AND TO RECEIVE A COMPREHENSIVE INFORMATION PACKAGE. HER EMAIL IS [email protected] or call her at 716-888-8494.
Actuarial Financial Mathematics
To become credentialed by the Society of Actuaries (SOA), there are a number of requirements. Please visit the SOA website for information about those requirements: https://www.soa.org/Education/Exam-Req/edu-asa-req.aspx
In anticipation of taking the SOA Financial Mathematics Exam, individuals should consult the current version of the SOA syllabus for more detailed information about the exam: https://www.soa.org/Files/Edu/2018/06-exam-fm-syllabus.pdf
In order to prepare you to write the SOA Financial Mathematics Exam, the CPD offers a 15-module, online preparation course in Financial Mathematics.
Module 1: Time Value of Money
- Interest rates, discount rates, present value, future value, nominal rates, effective rates, real rates.
Module 2: Annuities I
- Level annuity immediate, annuity due, perpetuity.
Module 3: Annuities II
- Non-level annuity immediate, annuity due, perpetuity.
Module 4: Loans I
- Amortization method
Module 5: Loans II
- Outstanding loan balance, principal/interest breakdown, sinking funds.
Module 6: Bonds I
- Price, redemption value, par value, yield rate, coupon rate, term.
Module 7: Bonds II
- Book value, amortization of premium, callable bonds.
Module 8: Yield Rates
- Dollar-weighted and time-weighted rates of return, spot rates, forward rates.
Module 9: Duration and Convexity
- Duration and convexity for a set of cash flows (both Macaulay and modified), first order approximations based on duration.
Module 10: Asset Matching
- Exact asset matching with liability cash flows, duration matching.
Module 11: Immunization
- Partial and full immunization.
Module 12: Interest Rate Swaps I
- Introduction to swap rates and market value of a swap, swap net payments.
Module 13: Interest Rate Swaps II
- Deferred swaps, amortizing swaps, accreting swaps.
Module 14: Components of Interest Rates
- Real risk-free rate, inflation rate, default rate; real versus nominal interest rates; inflation protection.
Module 15: Factors Affecting Interest Rates
- Federal Reserve, Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), Federal Funds rate, term structure of interest rates (liquidity, preferred habitat, market segmentation), foreign interest rates.
Students taking this online test preparation course will benefit also from an extensive list of sample problems. These will be referred to by Dr. Lopez at several points in the modules. The questions and solutions are available through the following links:
Students taking this online test preparation course will require a computer on which to watch the video and a financial calculator (ideally BA II Plus) which Dr. Lopez will reference when calculating specific solutions.
Course Duration and Cost
You will have online access to all 15 modules for one year from the date of registration. The total cost for this Actuarial Financial Mathematics Test Preparation Course is $450.