TEST PREP OFFERINGS
There is no replacement for being prepared to do your very best on test day than test prep courses. You get content, practice and that necessary feeling of confidence to pass and get your certification. The CPD offers a number of test preps but if what you need isn’t here, please contact the CPD (716) 888-8490. We are always exploring new opportunities to help professionals excel.
Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Kaplan Financial Education’s CFP certification education and exam prep program is built and taught by working professionals for working professionals. From the time-tested accelerated education program to self-study online courses, Kaplan offers flexible and convenient learning options that allow mastery of the 7 major domains covered on the CFP exam. Kaplan also offers CFP exam prep review solutions to help students who have completed the required education stay focused, zero in on critical content for the exam, and learn valuable test-taking tips and strategies.
With the EssentialPlus Package you can:
Purchase one course at a time. Choose when to start studying.
- Take up to 90 days to complete each course. Your Online Access begins as soon as you make your purchase.
- Take advantage of online testing; no need to go to an outside testing facility.
No need to adhere to a live class schedule—with our OnDemand Class, you can start, stop, and rewind your class as often as you like. Get expert instruction…and still have the freedom to complete all 7 courses within your own time-frame.
- OnDemand Class
eBooks with course purchase (upgrade to Print or both for a $40 fee)
- Course 101-106: eBook with supplemental reading
- Course 107: materials provided in online classroom ONLY
Online Tools available:
- Education QBank
- Study Planner
- Performance Tracker
- Core Lecture Videos
- Instructor Email Access
- Course 107 students receive invitation to Now What? webinar
There are 7 courses within the program. You are responsible for contacting your program administer prior to each course. Online assets will be assigned upon enrollment of each course.
Prior to registration please complete the following application:
Register today to be ready for your certified financial planner exam:
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
The NSCA offers an Exam Prep Live Clinic for individuals preparing for the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) exam.
CSCS Exam Prep: 2-Day Schedule
The 2-Day CSCS Exam Prep Clinic is a more comprehensive review of the knowledge, abilities and skills required to work as a Strength and Conditioning Coach as identified by the CSCS Exam Content Outline. Day 1 is an intense lecture-based review of the information specific to the Scientific Foundations section of the exam while Day 2 will provide a review of the Practical/Applied section inclusive of hands-on or demonstrations of exercise techniques and practical applications of program design. Attendees are also provided recommendations for the best methods of preparation for the exam and opportunities to seek clarification of the information presented.
To learn more or register please visit: https://www.nsca.com/events/clinics/cscs-newyork-august/
Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Upcoming Fall offering: Mondays from September 10 – November 26, 2018 from 5:30pm – 8:30pm.
For more information on SHRM’s test and registration process, click here.
Earn the New Standard in HR Certification.
This is an exciting and pivotal time in the HR profession. Now, more than ever, HR teams are required to assume a greater leadership role, contributing to the strategic direction of their organization. The HR profession is no longer just about what you know–but how you do your job.
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CPSM) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCPSM). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development. They reflect what HR practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organizations and in the profession.
Ensure you’re prepared with Canisius Center for Professional Development‘s test prep program, designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success. This intensive 12-week program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the exam.
MS Office-Excel (Certiport)
Microsoft Office Excel Certification gives you the tools to achieve more.
Canisius CPD is an Authorized Certiport Center to bring you the latest in Microsoft Office Certification Programs. The Microsoft Office Specialist Certification in Excel will consist of training for three days followed by a half day of test preparation. At the end of the fourth day, each participant will take the MOS Excel 2016 Exam. Looking for an edge to set you apart? Earn certifications as a Microsoft Office Specialist in Excel now with CPD.
As a Microsoft Certified Professional, you’ll make immediate impact, helping you get noticed and move forward quickly in your career. Certiport makes Excel certification as easy as 1-2-3 with a unique, three step pathway:
- Learn how to use Microsoft Excel from hands-on instruction and content-rich materials including online eCourseware and certified test preparation training textbooks.
- Practice using interactive exam preparation tools and practice exams.
- Certify and validate skills taking Certiport performance-based exams.
MOS EXCEL 2016 EXAM
- You will create and edit a workbook for a variety of purposes and situations. Examples include professional-looking budgets, team
performance charts, sales invoices, and exercise logs
- Get hands-on instruction and in-depth preparation for the Excel MOS Exam #77-727.
- $1395 includes test prep, materials, and exam with retake.
- Alumni receive a discount of 20%
Rosanne Steinmetz has over 25 years experience teaching computer classes.
Register today to prepare yourself for the Excel MOS Exam #77-727.
Actuarial Financial Mathematics
Coming Summer 2018
To become credentialed by the Society of Actuaries (SOA), there are a number of requirements. Please visit the SOA website for information about those requirements: https://www.soa.org/Education/Exam-Req/edu-asa-req.aspx
In anticipation of taking the SOA Financial Mathematics Exam, individuals should consult the current version of the SOA syllabus for more detailed information about the exam: https://www.soa.org/Files/Edu/2018/06-exam-fm-syllabus.pdf
In order to prepare you to write the SOA Financial Mathematics Exam, the CPD offers a 15-module, online preparation course in Financial Mathematics.
Module 1: Time Value of Money
- Interest rates, discount rates, present value, future value, nominal rates, effective rates, real rates.
Module 2: Annuities I
- Level annuity immediate, annuity due, perpetuity.
Module 3: Annuities II
- Non-level annuity immediate, annuity due, perpetuity.
Module 4: Loans I
- Amortization method
Module 5: Loans II
- Outstanding loan balance, principal/interest breakdown, sinking funds.
Module 6: Bonds I
- Price, redemption value, par value, yield rate, coupon rate, term.
Module 7: Bonds II
- Book value, amortization of premium, callable bonds.
Module 8: Yield Rates
- Dollar-weighted and time-weighted rates of return, spot rates, forward rates.
Module 9: Duration and Convexity
- Duration and convexity for a set of cash flows (both Macaulay and modified), first order approximations based on duration.
Module 10: Asset Matching
- Exact asset matching with liability cash flows, duration matching.
Module 11: Immunization
- Partial and full immunization.
Module 12: Interest Rate Swaps I
- Introduction to swap rates and market value of a swap, swap net payments.
Module 13: Interest Rate Swaps II
- Deferred swaps, amortizing swaps, accreting swaps.
Module 14: Components of Interest Rates
- Real risk-free rate, inflation rate, default rate; real versus nominal interest rates; inflation protection.
Module 15: Factors Affecting Interest Rates
- Federal Reserve, Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), Federal Funds rate, term structure of interest rates (liquidity, preferred habitat, market segmentation), foreign interest rates.
Students taking this online test preparation course will benefit also from an extensive list of sample problems. These will be referred to by Dr. Lopez at several points in the modules. The questions and solutions are available through the following links:
Students taking this online test preparation course will require a computer on which to watch the video and a financial calculator (ideally BA II Plus) which Dr. Lopez will reference when calculating specific solutions.
Course Duration and Cost
You will have online access to all 15 modules for one year from the date of registration. The total cost for this Actuarial Financial Mathematics Test Preparation Course is $450.